Windward Beta Program

To truly succeed, we need your help.

Why you?

Because no one knows the products better than you, our customer. To deliver the best, most comprehensive software possible, we need to understand how you’re using our products today and how you anticipate using them tomorrow.

Your opinion counts at Windward.

It always has.

In this spirit, we’re launching our new Windward Beta Program as a way to standardize our testing and feature collection. As a member of this program, you’ll have exclusive access to the Windward Beta community and features portal.

Together we’ll pave the Windward road-map.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for test.salesforce.com

With the Salesforce.com Datasource there isn't a way to switch the salesforce.com instance used to a sandbox instance.

Sandbox instances use test.salesforce.com as opposed to production and developer instances which use login.salesforce.com to create the connection.

Our template authors do not always have access to the production instance to do development of templates.

Also we usually run User Acceptance Testing against sandbox instances.

So without this functionality we are unable to develop or test new autotag templates.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. RESTful Engine Error Response

While processing through a dataset I use the following code:
    if(report.GetStatus() == Report.Status.Error)

What needs to be added is a way to see and report back to the user what failed. Why is the report in an error state.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  RESTful Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter,

I wanted to follow up on this suggestion. We have made many improvements to the RESTful Engine in recent years, so I wanted to ask if this was still an issue for you. We are looking to improve our errors in the future to be more clear, so if this is still an issue we will consider adding it to that effort.

Thank you for your suggestion.
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

3. Indicate that .NET 4.5 is a requirement for AutoTag v14 installation

The installation process for AutoTag v14 does not indicate that .NET Framework v4.5 is required. the AutoTag Add-on will appear in Word, but not function properly. Please indicate in the installation materials, as well as in the installer itself, that .NET Framework 4.5 is required.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Basic Authentication with Jira

AutoTag claims to support basic authentication on json requests. However, when trying to connect to Jira, Windward's authentication doesn't work. Having basic authentication work would allow us to run custom reports against the Jira API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Preserve page number formatting across different sections in Word (AutoTag)

Currently in Autotag 12.5.37, when there are different sections in a Word Document that utilize different page number formats (e.g. i/ii/iii/iv/... and 1/2/3/4/...) and a document is generated from a data source, the formatting in the template does not come through and all page numbers default to the 1/2/3/4/... format, resulting in confusion for the reader.

Allowing for this capability will make it easier for Autotag users to maintain a more refined template where readers can more easily identify the section that they are reading and reduces rework for Autotag users.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. referencing other worksheets in formulas in generated Excel reports

When you write a formula in a template that references another cell on the same sheet, it increments the row number on each new row that is added by a foreach loop.
    It would be great if this worked the same way for formulas referencing other worksheets.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello reporter,

I am happy to report that this idea was reviewed and accepted for development. I will update this ticket again when this functionality has development started and a release date is clear.

Thank you for your idea.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

7. Allow XML data source to be searchable

We want non-technical business users to be able to author simple letter templates using an XML data source. Currently, the template author has to know the XML structure in order to be able to drill down to select their desired element in either the tag builder or the data bin.

I would like my users to be able to search the XML structure. For example, if they want to include the customer's name in their letter, they could type in 'name', which would filter the XML elements displayed to them. The choice between /order/customer/name and /order/product/name then becomes obvious for…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Brooke!

Search tree functionality has officially been added to the Tag Editor and released in 16.5.0. The same search functionality is targeted to be added to the XML Wizard in 16.7.0.
    Thank you for your request!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Windward Beta Program

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base