Windward Beta Program

To truly succeed, we need your help.

Why you?

Because no one knows the products better than you, our customer. To deliver the best, most comprehensive software possible, we need to understand how you’re using our products today and how you anticipate using them tomorrow.

Your opinion counts at Windward.

It always has.

In this spirit, we’re launching our new Windward Beta Program as a way to standardize our testing and feature collection. As a member of this program, you’ll have exclusive access to the Windward Beta community and features portal.

Together we’ll pave the Windward road-map.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Odata: queried data of a forEach loop is stored in a dataset accessible later during output generation

As you probably know, data source queries take its time and OData queries are extremely slow.
    To speed up output generation, I want to limit data source access as much as possible:
    Often I have to iterate multiple times through the same amount of data by use of a forEach tag.
    At present it is the case that I have to query the data source for each forEach loop.

From my point of view it would be an advantage if the queried data of a forEach loop is (optionally) stored in a dataset accessible at different positions in the template…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display header/footer with Out tag templates

When using an Out tag as a BASE64_TEMPLATE type, the header and footer from a docx used as the template is not displayed on the generated output document.

Import tags support this functionality, but we would really like to use Out tags for performance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OData: build queries by use of OData expands

The Data Bin presents the entities with its navigation properties (expand). Would be great to use the tag editor and the wizard to create queries with filters using odata expands.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Consistent color for series in chart - Basic Functionality

Hi Team,
    We are creating chart for lot of Reports, but there is no way that we can provide consistent color for a particular series. For example For [High] color always should be red, irrespective of the number of series is available. When we have full series data color is coming fine but when full set of data is not there colors are picking like First N.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windward Version 15  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add color picker to Conditional Formatting Rule Manager

Dear Windward,

To select a color in the Format wizard, a color picker would be very helpfull instead of entering hex values manually.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Disconnect DataSets from Datasources

Disconnect DataSets from Datasources. If we could create a dataset seperately (Like we do with Query Tags) we could have datasets defined in the template itself and not in the datasources. This allows us to change the datasource when generating the template on the Staging or Prod machines and still have the same subset of data selected.

It would make templates much more reusable as we could define a handful of more general datasources and limit the data requested by using DataSets in the templates.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  RESTful Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter,

Could you please provide some additional information on the problem being solved: does the data you are using in staging and production have different structures? What data provider are you using? At runtime you can specify the connection string for the Datasource and the query to be used for the Data Set, are these two capabilities insufficient currently to resolve your problem? (Please note that Datasets were changed sometime around version 16.1. These new Datasets are what I am referring to vs the pre 16 Datasets.)

Thank you,
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

7. Support OpenType features in Word

Ticket to support the open type features (selecting numeral style, etc.) for non-system fonts in Word.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter,

Please clarify: are you talking about about support for OpenType Fonts? OpenType Fonts should already be supported in the product! Please let us know, if you are encountering an issue with OpenType Fonts, perhaps it is a bug…

Thank you,
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

8. Allow more than one field for Ordering the data

I am currently using Json file as my Data Source, not sure if other data source have same problem. Currently we can sort data based on only field, some times we need to sort the data based on multiple fields. Please try to accommodate this change in the upcoming release.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Java Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello reporter,

Could you please clarify the problem you are trying to solve? What font are you trying to input? One of our most common fonts users needed to input were barcodes, but we are planning to include some native barcode support, so if this is the font causing the problem, this may be a solution.

Thank you for your helping me to understand your problem,
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

10. Expand the capabilities of meta data tree tool tips

In the meta data tree, I would like the ability to modify the tool tip that is shown with newlines so that I can have a more extensive tip, and also with links so that users can get from the tool tip to company documentation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to announce that we have accepted this idea for future development! I will update this ticket again when we have news about when this functionality can be expected. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

11. Query to generate a subset, varNameXX, of the XML file.

Please consider adding a method to get a subset, varNameXX, of the XML file to reduce database queries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to report that I believe this problem is already solved by the Windward Query Tag. Please look into this Tag for solving this problem and respond back to the ticket if there is a shortcoming of this tag such that it cannot solve your problem.

Thank you,
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

12. Converting text to a number before sorting

Currently the only way to cast a value to an integer is through an out tag. If we have a text field that is a number we would like to convert it to numeric in the for each loop and then sort it numerically. For example if we have 01, 2, 3, 4, 05, 06 the current sort order comes out as 01, 05, 06, 2, 3, 4. We would need to convert these values to a number in the for each loop using NUMBERVALUE or CAST and then sort on these values. Currently we are only able to convert…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed your request, but had some questions. What data provider are you using? If you are using XML, this problem may be solved by using a schema.

Thank you.
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

13. There should be an option for tag output of QR codes that does not use an external API

Currently, there is a workaround to get QR code output using an import tag and an external API. This solution is not an option for users who cannot send their data to this external API as a security precaution. As such, there should be support for QR codes native in Windward instead of using this external service.

See the old ticket dealing with QR codes here: http://ideas.windwardstudios.com/forums/248503-windward-beta-program/suggestions/7685712-qr-code

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

Thank you for your suggestion. We have accepted this idea for future development. I will update the ticket again when the ticket is targeted for a specific release. Thank you for your idea!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

14. Improve Import tag handling of bad/missing data

Currently, if the Import tag is passed bad data (e.g. an image file doesn't exist or is an unsupported format), the only apparent way to prevent the report from breaking altogether is to set a default image. But what if we don't want a default image and just want the tag to be ignored if it doesn't like the data? Or what if the default image to be shown is also data-dependent?

I suggest two improvements:

1. That instead of displaying a default image, the tag could optionally be ignored altogether. In many cases, it would be preferable to have no…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add support for page border functionality

If I create a DOCX template with a border around the header and body but not the footer, the output adds the border around the footer as well. I'm attaching a sample template that demonstrates the issue and includes screenshots showing what is expected.

Per Windward Support, Development says that the page border functionality is not currently supported by Designer. Since page borders are a pretty basic feature in Word, please look into adding support for all of the page border settings. While it's not critical functionality, it prevents me from designing reports with the precise output I want.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to announce that this idea has been accepted for future development. I will update this ticket again when this functionality is targeted for a version release. Thank you for your suggestion and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

16. Support for .NET Core via NuGet

.NET Framework will have no ongoing releases, being replaced by .NET Core.
    All new development in our company is .NET Core.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to announce this idea has been accepted for future development. I will come back when we have targeted a version for this functionality to be released and update the ticket then. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

17. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We like your idea of better supporting our Designer functionality in document repositories. We are going to investigate which document repositories would be most impactful for us to support, and we will strongly consider additional support for OneDrive. I will follow up on this ticket again when we have clearly plans for which platforms will be supported. Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to report we have accepted this idea for future development! I will update this ticket again once this functionality is targeted for a version release. Thank you for your suggestion and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

19. Support JIRA as a datasource

We use JIRA in our development and would like to be able to source data from JIRA into our output reports.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This functionality has been accepted for future development. I will update this ticket again with the expected release version once it is targeted for development. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

20. Support HubSpot as a datasource

We use HubSpot in our marketing along with other sources of data like Google Analytics and a SQL database. Please support Google Analytics as a datasource so that we can join these databases together in our templates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This functionality has been accepted for future development. I will update this ticket again with the expected release version once it is targeted for development. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base