Windward Beta Program

To truly succeed, we need your help.

Why you?

Because no one knows the products better than you, our customer. To deliver the best, most comprehensive software possible, we need to understand how you’re using our products today and how you anticipate using them tomorrow.

Your opinion counts at Windward.

It always has.

In this spirit, we’re launching our new Windward Beta Program as a way to standardize our testing and feature collection. As a member of this program, you’ll have exclusive access to the Windward Beta community and features portal.

Together we’ll pave the Windward road-map.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access Tags through API

It would be great if the tags were accessable throrough the Report object in the API. This would allow us to create the datasource necessary to support the template by interrogating the template.

In my case, I want to be able to create the template using a complex schema. Then when it comes time to generate the reports through the Engine, I can build the actual XML dataset that would only contain the data that template needs.

I'm sure others would come up with other uses for this. It would seem this is already something you must have for AutoTag…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello reporter,

I am happy to report that this idea was reviewed and accepted for development. I will update this ticket again when this functionality has development started and a release date is clear.

Thank you for your idea.
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

2. Allow Data Validation to propagate to the new document.

Data Validation constrains the values of a cell to items in a predetermined range. This would allow selection lists to be populated by AutoTag select statements.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello reporter,

I am happy to report that this idea was reviewed and accepted for development. I will update this ticket again when this functionality has development started and a release date is clear.

Thank you for your idea.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

3. I need better error handling

Just been working for a couple of hours now, but I found error handling to be poor. Exceptions are thrown with no clear error messages. Documentation is missing (TagException seems bo no exist according to the knowledge base).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello reporter,

Thank you for your idea.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

4. Refresh data source

I think it would be useful to have an ability to quickly re-read a data source using some kind of button in the ribbon. For example, if I have an XML data source and its structure is changing while I'm working on a report, I have to go to the Data Sources, click Edit, Test, OK.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. referencing other worksheets in formulas in generated Excel reports

When you write a formula in a template that references another cell on the same sheet, it increments the row number on each new row that is added by a foreach loop.
    It would be great if this worked the same way for formulas referencing other worksheets.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello reporter,

Thank you for your idea.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

6. New variable type to support longer blocks of text

I am creating a cover letter report. I want to set the default text for the body of the letter but allow the user to modify it prior to report generation, and it should have multiple paragraphs. The existing Text variable doesn't support line breaks, so this is not possible. Please add a new variable type (e.g., TextArea) that would be more appropriate for longer blocks of text than what was probably intended/envisioned with the existing Text type variable.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this request and I am happy to announce that it has been accepted for development! I will update this ticket again when I have any new information on when this functionality is planned for release. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our products!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

7. Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts would be very helpful...Like inserting Out tag, generate a document etc. Also possibility to customize own shortcuts.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to let you know this idea has been reviewed and accepted. I will update this ticket again when work begins on this functionality and a release date is clear.

Thank you for your idea.
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

8. Per Report Configuration for Engine

I had to add "layout.document=off" in the web config file of .NET engine to enhance the performance of report creation. Time duration to create a particular report came down from 31 minutes to 7 minutes.

Unfortunately, the config parameter "layout.document=off" is not suitable for all types of reports.

In this context, per report config parameter setting would be useful, meaning the support for -

1. "Overriding configuration of .NET/Java Engine from external program at run time"? AND

2. Sending report specific configuration to the RESTfulEngine.

would be rescuer in the above situation.

Without this feature, product (Engine) is putting constraints…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally and I am happy to report that it has been accepted for development! I will update this ticket again when development begins on the functionality. Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

• Don't see your idea?

Windward Beta Program

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base