Windward Beta Program

To truly succeed, we need your help.

Why you?

Because no one knows the products better than you, our customer. To deliver the best, most comprehensive software possible, we need to understand how you’re using our products today and how you anticipate using them tomorrow.

Your opinion counts at Windward.

It always has.

In this spirit, we’re launching our new Windward Beta Program as a way to standardize our testing and feature collection. As a member of this program, you’ll have exclusive access to the Windward Beta community and features portal.

Together we’ll pave the Windward road-map.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I need maven support!!!!!

We use maven as build tool. I can't seem to find the maven dependencies. Simply inclusing a lib folder with all the Windward provided jars is of course no viable enterprise solution. That solution is beggin for deployment problems by just dumping unversioned jars into a deployment folder. No can do!

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Roger!

I am happy to announce that we now support using Maven to install the Java Engine! Please follow along with this wiki article to see exactly how you can set this up:

https://wiki.windward.net/Returning_Users/Java_Engine/Get_Started_with_the_Java_Engine/Using_Maven_to_Install_Windward_Java_Engine_in_your_Application

Thank you for your feature request, this was clearly a popular one, and please submit any other ideas you have and we will do our best to address them in a timely manner.

- The Windward Team

2. restful enginge output to image

We would like to output reports to JPG (or other image format) with RESTfull engine.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  RESTful Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter!

I am happy to announce that this functionality was released with version 16.3.0! You can find documentation here for the RESTful Engine updated to include image output options: ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/79043/l/913251-..

Thank you for your suggestion!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

3. html

The HTML to Template in Word conversion need upgrading. Especially tables. Also underline, indentation, and bulleted and numbered list to name a few things.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter!

I am happy to announce that this functionality was released with version 16.3.0! HTML output and import templates received a re-work and new functionality. Please try this functionality in the new release and submit any new requests you might have.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

4. Please support conditional resize of columns and rows...

Based on (content in column) or (value of SQL resultset)
    resize the width of column and resize the height of row.

Example: Say SQL result set give employee.Name as
    "WINDWARD-AUTOTAG" So Column 'A' should resize 17 pixels and

If result set give employee.Name as
    "W.W.A.T." So Column 'A' should resize 8 pixels.

I have requested same in request (#12875)

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Prabhjot!

This feature request was entered quite a long time ago, so I went into a new build of Report Designer to test this functionality.

Based on my understanding of your ticket, I believe this functionality is supported now. I made a basic template with a forEach tag selecting the Categories table and inside produced a set of single rowed tables with three columns and the AutoFit Word setting set on my tables. Each of my single-row tables had the three columns fit to their contents (CategoryName, Description, CategoryID).

Let us know if you still do not have this functionality or if you have any other requests!

Thank you!
    - The Windward Team

5. QR code

QR code support
    We would like to have QR code support for upcoming windward version.
    For example a new tag <wr:qrcode>somedata</wr:qrcode>.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There was some feedback to the workaround solution that this does not work in deployment where data cannot leave an organization so casually due to security precautions. I entered a new suggestion that specifically addresses native QR code output for this reason: http://ideas.windwardstudios.com/forums/248503-windward-beta-program/suggestions/38862844-there-should-be-an-option-for-tag-output-of-qr-cod

Please show your support for the suggestion of native QR code output if you have this security concern.

Thank you
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

6. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Carry document protection across from template into generated report

When generating a WordML report from a WordML template, we'd like to restrict the editing of the generated report.

We'd like to set up document protection in the template and have those settings carry over into the report.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Renaming tag's variable updates all its references

When a tag's variable is renamed (the var attribute) automatically rename all references to that variable in other tags, if any.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Igor!

Windward Report Designer now incorporates this functionality. After you update the Variable for your tag, you will be prompted to update all occurrences of that variable in the template if you would like.

Thank you for your suggesting and helping us to improve our product!

- The Windward Team

9. Switch Statement Tag

Please implement a switch statement so you can cut down on the number of IF tags in a document to handle cases where you are testing the same thing for different results.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Encrypted PDF output

The ability to deliver an encrypted output a PDF document.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  RESTful Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search functionality for JSON datasource

It would be nice to have some searchbox in AutoTag Data Bin. Data source which we are using, have thousands of properties, so it would be faster to type few keys and filter appropriate properties.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bitmap images does not inherit settings from the template

Without this there is no way to set a border, rotate the image, add a shadow or a reflection, etc.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Bill,

In our 16.2.0 release, we released new functionality where out and import tags of type bitmap are treated as objects by the template instead of tags. This allows all of the properties to be set on a bitmap (like a border) to be set using office, and no longer are may properties set in Designer. With this change and others, this functionality is hopefully finished and fulfills this request. Thank you for your submission, and please submit any other ideas you might have!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

13. Add image-size specified-height to IMPORT tag

You currently have it available where we can set the width only and the height will be adjusted to keep the aspect ratio.

I have a need where I need to set the height only and the width will be adjusted to keep the aspect ratio.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Paul!

This functionality has been added to Report Designer. Now you have the option of setting the image size as either “specified-width” or “specified-height.”

Thank you for your feature request and please enter any other ideas you might have!

- The Windward Team

14. Create Dockable Data Bin and Tag Builder windows

Design Data Bin and/or Tag Builder windows that can dock to the top, left, or right-hand side of your Word and Excel documents in a similar fashion to the standard toolbars. Eliminates the need for multiple pop-up windows and enables users to quickly design report templates.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a macro language for tags

For the tag select/value/evaluate= part, implement a complete macro language similiar to that found in Excel.

This will provide significant power & functionality for users because they can not just do simple operations but can call powerful macros. This would eliminate the need for the function tag.

Within each macro would be the capability for multiple selects, possibly against different datasources.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add a method that we can call to inject the license key to the Windward engine.

We use a custom method to securely deploy our configuration values. Due to this, we would like to have a function that we can call to provide the Windward license key to the library instead of it reading from the web.config file directly.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter!

I am happy to announce that this functionality was released with version 16.3.0! You can find documentation here for the .NET engine:
    https://ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/79483/l/1109667-how-do-i-inject-my-license-key-into-the-net-engine
    and here for the Java engine:
    https://ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/79484/l/1109698-how-do-i-inject-my-license-key-into-the-java-engine

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

17. I would love to have embedded documents updated

I would love to have a word template that has an excel (or power point) file embedded in the template, that also gets updated with the same pramteres. And if you could choose to use the embedded document based on a parameter, then you could switch it "On/off" depending if the output needs to have it embedded.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keep 'Shrink to fit' setting in Excel

Please preserve 'Shrink to fit' setting on a cell while generating an Excel spreadsheet with AutoTag.
    I use AutoTag 15.1.48.0 for Excel and it keeps 'Wrap text' setting already. Why not to support the one in charge of cell content shrinking?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for .NET Core (at least on Windows)

All new development in our company is .NET Core, and we would like to continue using Windward Reports.

From our correspondance it sounds like the problem is finding the license key. I can tell from experience that figuring out what config file to use and exactly how to specify the license key is also a pain for your users. I suggest, as someone else has also done, that you let the application supply the license key instead of trying to find it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter!

I am happy to announce that this functionality was released with version 16.3.0! You can find documentation here for the .NET engine:
    ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/79483/l/1109667..
    and here for the Java engine:
    ohana.windwardstudios.com/m/79484/l/1109698..

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

20. Charting: Adjustable Scaling in Y-Axis

Changing the scale on a chart axis and having the ability to have multiple different scales on the same chart.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Windward Beta Program

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base