How can we improve the newest version of Windward Studios Products?

Allow XML data source to be searchable

We want non-technical business users to be able to author simple letter templates using an XML data source. Currently, the template author has to know the XML structure in order to be able to drill down to select their desired element in either the tag builder or the data bin.

I would like my users to be able to search the XML structure. For example, if they want to include the customer's name in their letter, they could type in 'name', which would filter the XML elements displayed to them. The choice between /order/customer/name and /order/product/name then becomes obvious for them.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brooke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminWindward Admin (Windward Staff, Windward) responded  · 

Hi Brooke!

Development for search functionality in the Data Bin has been requested in multiple places and developed. You can follow that feature request here (spoilers, it will be released in version 16.1): http://ideas.windward.net/forums/248503-windward-beta-program/suggestions/18748546-search-functionality-for-json-datasource

As far as searching in the Tag Editor, this is new. I will enter a separate feature request for this functionality and start the review process.

Thank you for your request!
- The Windward Team

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base