Windward Beta Program

To truly succeed, we need your help.

Why you?

Because no one knows the products better than you, our customer. To deliver the best, most comprehensive software possible, we need to understand how you’re using our products today and how you anticipate using them tomorrow.

Your opinion counts at Windward.

It always has.

In this spirit, we’re launching our new Windward Beta Program as a way to standardize our testing and feature collection. As a member of this program, you’ll have exclusive access to the Windward Beta community and features portal.

Together we’ll pave the Windward road-map.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access Tags through API

It would be great if the tags were accessable throrough the Report object in the API. This would allow us to create the datasource necessary to support the template by interrogating the template.

In my case, I want to be able to create the template using a complex schema. Then when it comes time to generate the reports through the Engine, I can build the actual XML dataset that would only contain the data that template needs.

I'm sure others would come up with other uses for this. It would seem this is already something you must have for AutoTag…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Conditional Formatting Rule Manager more user friendly.

Dear Windward,

Is it possible to make the option to define a condition on a tag more user friendly.

A way to create a condition with a Condition Wizard (that let you select and compare nodes/variables/..) would be very helpfull.

To select a color in the Format wizard, a color picker would also be very helpfull instead of entering hex values manually.

Kind Regards Jochen

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Data Validation to propagate to the new document.

Data Validation constrains the values of a cell to items in a predetermined range. This would allow selection lists to be populated by AutoTag select statements.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Variables in the Datasource URL of a Webservice

At the moment I could not add dynamic parameters to the URL of a Webservice. For example I have the following datasource url:

http://jsondatasource/api/Json/GetEmployeeByName?firstname=Martin

but instead of the static value 'Martin' I need a dynamic variable value like

http://jsondatasource/api/Json/GetEmployeeByName?firstname=${firstnameParam}

Thx,

Regards

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this idea.

I have started reviewing this request and will update the ticket again when we have a decision on weather to incorporate this request into our software.

Thank you, and please submit any other ideas you have!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

5. Extend the XPath Wizard to support functions

You recommend that we always use the XPath Wizard to create tags, but as soon as we want to use anything other than the most simple XPath expression, we have no choice but to write it by hand.

Extending the XPath wizard to support standard XPath functions (e.g. count, addition, etc) would allow us to always use it to construct our tags.

In our conversation with Ryan yesterday he recommended that we always use the XPath Wizard for creating tags. Is there any plan to extend the wizard to support XPath functions, e.g. count, addition, etc? As it stands, there…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Refresh data source

I think it would be useful to have an ability to quickly re-read a data source using some kind of button in the ribbon. For example, if I have an XML data source and its structure is changing while I'm working on a report, I have to go to the Data Sources, click Edit, Test, OK.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I need better error handling

Just been working for a couple of hours now, but I found error handling to be poor. Exceptions are thrown with no clear error messages. Documentation is missing (TagException seems bo no exist according to the knowledge base).

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. referencing other worksheets in formulas in generated Excel reports

When you write a formula in a template that references another cell on the same sheet, it increments the row number on each new row that is added by a foreach loop.
    It would be great if this worked the same way for formulas referencing other worksheets.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New variable type to support longer blocks of text

I am creating a cover letter report. I want to set the default text for the body of the letter but allow the user to modify it prior to report generation, and it should have multiple paragraphs. The existing Text variable doesn't support line breaks, so this is not possible. Please add a new variable type (e.g., TextArea) that would be more appropriate for longer blocks of text than what was probably intended/envisioned with the existing Text type variable.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include functionality to update formula fields in word

Very often I need to use Formula fields to calculate total/summary of some columns of a Word table. This fields do not get updated by word automatically and requires the users to update them manually pressing CTRL + A and then hitting F9.

I am wondering if you include a functionally that would update the formula fields while printing a word template through windward autotag/.net engine?

Thanks...

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Output of Excel column auto-filters set in template

Given that your report generator effectively generates rows of data (in Excel format), it would make sense that the ability to setup auto-filters and have them show up in the output be there as well.

As it is now, all our customers who use the output generated from our templates have to manually go into each tab and turn on the column filters, as the filters we have setup in the templates to not make it to the output.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts would be very helpful...Like inserting Out tag, generate a document etc. Also possibility to customize own shortcuts.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Justified Alignment With Condensed Font Spacing

Justified alignment with condensed font spacing is resulting in left alignment instead of justified alignment in the PDF output. A basic template attached to this request can demonstrate this issue.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Java evaluation inside of tags instead of just the windward Macro language

Would be awesome if you could write in any Java you wanted into tag evaluates instead of being limited to what the Macro language gives you and not having to write a custom function library.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve PPTX Layout Functionality

Create ability to specify which PPTX controls reside within a forEach loop, absolute positioning of controls and images, and simple layout functionality that allows looping without using tables.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dynamically colour table cell backgrounds in Report Designer

Hi

We would like the functionality to dynamically input coloured table cell backgrounds in our template. The colours we use are pulled dynamically from our data source and are defined by our clients, therefore the conditional formatting of table cells is inadequate as the conditional formatting always requires a hard-coded value to be present in the template to compare against.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello reporter!

I have started the review process for this idea and will update this ticket when we decide weather to incorporate your idea into the software. This request seems similar to me to other requests for the ability to specify property values using template variables. I will update this ticket again when I have more information on when this functionality could be expected. Thank you for your idea!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

18. Name cells populated by forEach tag

Make possible to name cells populated by forEach tag according to a given pattern.
    The pattern might include a prefix or a suffix with an item index to get a unique cell name.
    Additionally allow to name entire range populated by forEach tag.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Expand date parsing to other standard formats

Currently, AutoTag is able to parse dates stored in ISO format (e.g. "2017-09-12T00:00:00.000Z" stored with the toISOString JavaScript method) without any additional input from the user beyond specifying a date output format and type. However, it throws an error when other standard formats are used, such as that generated by the toDateString JavaScript method (e.g. "Tue Jan 12 2017 00:00:00 GMT-0000 (UTC)"). A workaround may be to spell out the format in the Input attribute on the tag, but this is cumbersome and not user-friendly. It would be better if AutoTag natively parsed standard formats other than ISO.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create functionality in Java Engine to skim document template variables/nodes

As per Request #12304, only AutoTag is able to skim the variable paths from the document template. Java Engine does not have a method/functionality to retrieve all the variable paths ('Data/books/authorName'). WIll you be able to cater this request in the Java Engine? Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Windward Version 13  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base