Windward Beta Program

To truly succeed, we need your help.

Why you?

Because no one knows the products better than you, our customer. To deliver the best, most comprehensive software possible, we need to understand how you’re using our products today and how you anticipate using them tomorrow.

Your opinion counts at Windward.

It always has.

In this spirit, we’re launching our new Windward Beta Program as a way to standardize our testing and feature collection. As a member of this program, you’ll have exclusive access to the Windward Beta community and features portal.

Together we’ll pave the Windward road-map.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter,

We like your idea of better supporting our Designer functionality in document repositories. We are going to investigate which document repositories would be most impactful for us to support, and we will strongly consider additional support for OneDrive. I will follow up on this ticket again when we have clearly plans for which platforms will be supported. Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

2. Consistent color for series in chart - Basic Functionality

Hi Team,
    We are creating chart for lot of Reports, but there is no way that we can provide consistent color for a particular series. For example For [High] color always should be red, irrespective of the number of series is available. When we have full series data color is coming fine but when full set of data is not there colors are picking like First N.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Windward Version 15  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OData: build queries by use of OData expands

The Data Bin presents the entities with its navigation properties (expand). Would be great to use the tag editor and the wizard to create queries with filters using odata expands.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  AutoTag  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Odata: queried data of a forEach loop is stored in a dataset accessible later during output generation

As you probably know, data source queries take its time and OData queries are extremely slow.
    To speed up output generation, I want to limit data source access as much as possible:
    Often I have to iterate multiple times through the same amount of data by use of a forEach tag.
    At present it is the case that I have to query the data source for each forEach loop.

From my point of view it would be an advantage if the queried data of a forEach loop is (optionally) stored in a dataset accessible at different positions in the template…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add color picker to Conditional Formatting Rule Manager

Dear Windward,

To select a color in the Format wizard, a color picker would be very helpfull instead of entering hex values manually.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve Import tag handling of bad/missing data

Currently, if the Import tag is passed bad data (e.g. an image file doesn't exist or is an unsupported format), the only apparent way to prevent the report from breaking altogether is to set a default image. But what if we don't want a default image and just want the tag to be ignored if it doesn't like the data? Or what if the default image to be shown is also data-dependent?

I suggest two improvements:

1. That instead of displaying a default image, the tag could optionally be ignored altogether. In many cases, it would be preferable to have no…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Preserve page number formatting across different sections in Word (AutoTag)

Currently in Autotag 12.5.37, when there are different sections in a Word Document that utilize different page number formats (e.g. i/ii/iii/iv/... and 1/2/3/4/...) and a document is generated from a data source, the formatting in the template does not come through and all page numbers default to the 1/2/3/4/... format, resulting in confusion for the reader.

Allowing for this capability will make it easier for Autotag users to maintain a more refined template where readers can more easily identify the section that they are reading and reduces rework for Autotag users.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

This idea has been accepted for future development and added to our backlog. I will update this ticket again when the functionality is targeted for a release.
    Thank you for your idea, and please submit any other suggestions you may have to improve our product.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

8. XPath 2.0 Connection debugger

When connecting to a data source errors can occur. In many cases there is too much information about the error for it all to be view-able in the connection editor.

SQL data sources solve this problem with the connection debugger. There should be one of these for XPATH 2.0 aswell.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Windward Tags need to support Tick Mark

We have bought your software windward tag and about to go live and the pdf needs to mandatorily support tick mark instead of x mark.

Windward Support Team,

We have checkboxes to design user choices in Auto Tag Windward form, but when we generate the pdf , windward is not generating a user friendly checkbox UI element as part of pdf generation. Windward puts a x mark what we need is a tick mark

In the attached image it is indicated very clearly that at the top section where there is a x mark is what windward generates .

However…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally and accepted it for future development. I will update this ticket again when development has been started on this functionality. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

10. Add Duplex option to the DirectoToPrinter method

Allow the output when using the DirectToPrinter method to be printed double sided.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for .NET Core via NuGet

.NET Framework will have no ongoing releases, being replaced by .NET Core.
    All new development in our company is .NET Core.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to announce this idea has been accepted for future development. I will come back when we have targeted a version for this functionality to be released and update the ticket then. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

12. Excel dropdown lists not rendered in generated output

Would like Excel Drop-down Lists to be available in generated output. Currently available in Word templates that can be used in both Word and PDF output but not able to do this with an Excel template.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Excel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally and accepted it for future development. I will update this ticket again once development has been started on this functionality. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

13. Expand the capabilities of meta data tree tool tips

In the meta data tree, I would like the ability to modify the tool tip that is shown with newlines so that I can have a more extensive tip, and also with links so that users can get from the tool tip to company documentation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to announce that we have accepted this idea for future development! I will update this ticket again when we have news about when this functionality can be expected. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

14. Per Report Configuration for Engine

I had to add "layout.document=off" in the web config file of .NET engine to enhance the performance of report creation. Time duration to create a particular report came down from 31 minutes to 7 minutes.

Unfortunately, the config parameter "layout.document=off" is not suitable for all types of reports.

In this context, per report config parameter setting would be useful, meaning the support for -

1. "Overriding configuration of .NET/Java Engine from external program at run time"? AND

2. Sending report specific configuration to the RESTfulEngine.

would be rescuer in the above situation.

Without this feature, product (Engine) is putting constraints to the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

Due to some unexpected risk in this change, we have delayed this functionality to our version 20.1 release. This is to ensure the quality of our upcoming releases, and that each feature gets the appropriate amount of time in development.

Thank you,
    Adam Austin
    Product Manager

15. Add support for Office table styles to Excel templates.

Currently, Office default table styles are not supported in tables in Excel templates, and don't appear in output generated from those templates. Formatting tables in Excel templates is basic functionality expected by Excel users, and limits the formatting options available for output generated from Excel templates.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

We have reviewed this idea internally and have accepted it for development. I will update this idea again when we have started development on this functionality. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

16. Display header/footer with Out tag templates

When using an Out tag as a BASE64_TEMPLATE type, the header and footer from a docx used as the template is not displayed on the generated output document.

Import tags support this functionality, but we would really like to use Out tags for performance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  .NET Engine  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow entering Array-type Input Parameters

It would be great if we could add an array-type variable of either String or Number type as an input variable. This could be used to filter datasources with a IN statement, for example.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Generate Partial Reports

We have some huge templates. Hundreds of pages long that results in reports that are thousands of pages long.

While entering data in our system, we'd like to ability to preview what the report will look like. Therefore, we are requesting partial template generation.

Example: I have just entered the data for pages 42-45 of a 200 page template. I would like to generate those page, which may end up being 5 or 10 pages long when generated.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow for dynamic drop down based on amount of returned rows

Currently, when a drop down is created in a cell (static or dynamic) the drop down is removed when the report is generated.

Either add a Windward drop down function (ideal), or support Excel generated drop downs.

Another helpful addition to this would be to make the drop down options distinct (optional, chosen by user).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Reporter,

I am happy to report that we have accepted this idea since sufficient interest was measured elsewhere. I will update this ticket again once development has been started on this functionality. Thank you for your suggestion, and please submit any other ideas you have to improve our products.

Adam Austin
    Product Manager

20. Configurable Watermark

Add the ability to conditionally add a watermark to a word template based on an input parameter.

Use case:
    We have an invoice we send to our customers that is a draft. We apply the wording "draft" as a watermark to the template. Once the customer has approved the invoice, we send them a final copy which is identical to the original without the word "draft" as a watermark. Currently, we have to maintain two identical templates to handle this. It would be ideal to only have one template where an input variable controls the display of the watermarked text.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Word  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base